Perform a quick vision check…
If you answer YES to several or more of these questions, you need a comprehensive eye exam.
Do you observe the following behavior(s) in yourself or your child?
- One eye turns, drifts or aims in a different direction than the other eye? Crossed eye? Wandering eye?(Look carefully — this can be subtle. This is significant even if it only happens occasionally, such as when the person is tired, stressed or ill).
- Frequent squinting or closing of one eye?
- Excessive blinking or squinting?
- Poor visual/motor skills (including “hand-eye coordination”)?
- Problems moving in space, frequently bumps into things or drops things?
- Difficulties catching and/or throwing airborne objects?
- Repeatedly confuses left and right directions?
- Appears to favor the use of one eye?
- Turns or tilts head in order to use one eye?
- Posture problems? Head is frequently tilted to one side or one shoulder is obviously higher?